Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Bank Account -no irish address yet

Options
  • 22-02-2022 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A colleague of mine is moving to Ireland to work from Brazil, currently waiting for the visa process to complete. He obviously does not have an Irish address/PPSN yet but would like to open a bank account in advance.

Can you let me know if this is possible/what the process is?

Best regards,

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Mark, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

Your friend should certainly be able to apply for an account up to 6 months prior to their move to Ireland with our Coming to Ireland Team. These applications can be done over the phone with one of my colleagues on the team.

I have provided a link below with some more information on this and how your friend can contact the team directly, I hope it helps. https://bit.ly/3p64jMI

If your friend needs any further assistance they can also certainly email Contact.Us@boi.com and my colleagues would be happy to help as best as they can.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Many thanks Eve

Advertisement