Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saran Wood

Options
  • 22-02-2022 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm currently looking to buy a house in North Wicklow, there's a lovely house in Saran Wood, Bray but we really don't know the Bray area at all. How is Saran Wood? The house backs onto St Killian's Community School, has anyone had any bad experiences with the school? How's green area / park beside Saran Wood?

Is there any other areas in Bray that you'd recommend or avoid?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its a nice area but a good bit outside the town centre.

Its near the following which are pluses

145 Bus

Shoreline leisure

N11

Shops (not too far from Garage, lidl, supervalu and retail park)

If you want something close to DART or Bray Town or Beach this isnt it.

I have heard a long time ago that there was regular anti social behaviour from the fields behind it but thats 15 or years ago so it could be completely changed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

There is a private gate between Saran Wood and the fields behind (known locally as Killian's field) so if there is any messing going on in the field it wouldn't spill over into the estate.

I have only driven through there to look after a cat while the family were on holiday but it looks really nice. Lots of kids around, a lot of activity.

Advertisement