Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashel Palace Hotel

• 22-02-2022 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭

Opening 1st week of March. Said I’d do a price-check

Wednesday 30th March, 1 night B&B lowest price €289

Not nice to see prices that high tbh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Pictures of it look well. Best of luck to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh, it does look lovely, but nice or not, that’s a rich price. Dunno if the tourist hotel market is as lucrative in Cashel as some would think. More of a day trip town.

Think will be a night away sort of place. Stay there off to mickey ryans or chez hans for dinner if you didnt want to dine in and a drink or too afterward. Would be a nice couples/special occasion night away. Grand spin say up from cork if you fancied a change from killarney (which cork people seem to love)

Its a blue book destination too so that will attract people. They are a popular engagement/wedding present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this place going to be a 5 star hotel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah maybe so. Maybe they just haven’t updated their Google Business stuff which still lists 4*

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Ireland is becoming a joke, I remember a few years ago it was about 80eur to go to the Skelligs, 140eur now I just checked.

No child rates, thats 560eur for a family of 4.

Disgraceful.

Ya I said in my OP too that I think the price is extortionate. Really does price out even the casual 1-nighter Irish person looking for a night away. Not nice to see.

• Advertisement

Article mentioned that it's booked out on weekends throughout the summer already so there's obviously a market for it, plenty of people in Ireland with money and I suppose if you want 5 star luxury you're going to have to pay for it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is a great restoration and best of luck to all concerned.

I often think these types of accomm are for those who want to be seen, or those who want absolute discretion. Fair enough, but a bed is a bed, a shower is a shower so fancy rooms are not necessary unless you want to spend all day in them, wink wink.

I'm also a bit clumsy and would be on tenterhooks that I might spill the red wine, or bring the tablecloth with me on departure from the restaurant. I'm obviously not used to moving in such circles!

Anonymity and privacy are my criteria at home and abroad. Sometimes you pay more for privacy than absolute luxury.

To be expected for a brand new hotel in fairness. It's the return visitors etc once a year in business is gone will show if they'll stand the test of time really. If they get repeat customers they're doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Will Prince Charles stay there? He is due to be in Cashel and the fact that it's opening is a big coincidence.

If you want to stay for 1 night between April and May, your cheapest option will be €339 haha. This is Cashel we're talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

its not aimed at the average joe like you and me. its for all the posh guys going to coolmore and similar. im sure coolmore have some big shot clients that would think nothing of paying that

Ya it’s 100% the Coolmore lads. Still rotten all the same

100% is aimed for a special occassion event or those who can afford to pay the stud fees of coolmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Goes into expensive 5 star hotel and complains about the price.

There are a number of excellent cafes in Cashel where she could have got a scone and a coffee for half that but no, she has to put it up on twitter for the likes.

• Advertisement

It wasn't in the hotel though just in the pub down the street. Still though no sympathy people need to realise that pub is also owned by Magnier and he'll be charging through the nose, be prepared to be ripped off.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Expunge

Not that it's an indication of anything but there's a fair old social media pile-on following the publication of that receipt.

Normally, journalists are more than happy to fire out a few lazy stories based on that and a few twitter reactions. Considering how formidable the Coolmore/ Magnier machine is at protecting their brands and reputations, I wonder will there be much outside of Twitter, etc.? I think the various news editors might just pass on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that pub not part of the hotel, I am just going by the receipt?

Is it on par with Adare Manor

The Hotel own a bar in Cashel called Mikey Ryan’s (very expensive) but the hotel restaurant is also called that too - so confusion is fine

This example was the hotel’s in-house Mikey Ryan’s

Advertisement