Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 38 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A few years ago yeah and yes there’s no reason it won’t be a good match again but unlike any other match this year imo it’ll either be great or it’ll be awful, unlike others where there’s a middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

Can't wait for Ronda to take to twitter and tell us to go **** ourselves when she has a stinker and quits for the second time. Her run has been god awful and she's an ungrateful egomaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think he deserves a huge ovation for what he's achieved since leaving, and for proving his worth to Vince with what is surely a very nice contract. Just worried about some contrarian idiots trying to make it about them by booing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sat 2nd April

1am-3am- Wrestlemania Smackdown

3am-5am- Hall Of Fame Ceremony 2022

5pm- wwe NXT Stand And Deliver pre show

6pm-9pm- NXT Stand And Deliver

11pm- Mania Night 1 pre show

Sun 3rd April

1am-5am- Mania Night 1

11pm- Mania Night 2 pre show

Mon 4th Apr

1am-5am- Mania Night 2

Tues 5th Apr

1am-4am- Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Edge vs Styles (kind of?) and Seth vs Cody (surely) are the only matches I'm looking forward to.

The women's matches are poor. If it was Becky vs Asuka then that would be main event worthy, Bianca just doesn't do much for me. Haven't followed that other match since the moment they confirmed it.

The rest of it is just underwhelming. They had to unify the titles in an attempt to make Brock vs Reigns for the 10th time interesting and doesn't even manage that.

Stone Cold/Owens could be anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah i sadly have no appetite for mania this weekend.

I will check it out at some stage during next week but there’s nothing standing out as must see. The dynamite card from 2 nights again interested me more than 2 days of mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think that Austin Theory/Pat Mc Afee can potentially be great. McAfee was decent in ring during his NXT run and Theory is good anyways. Also Sami has done a pile of work to make the match with Knoxville relevant, it's one of the best celeb involvements in years. KO's piqued my interest in seeing Austin again having basically built the entire program by himself. Styles/Edge will be great, Rollins/Cody should be great.

Triple threat tag match should be a banger with the three teams involved. Hopefully the Usos lose the tag belts but I won't hold my breath there. Brock Roman is what it is. I think they've built it as much as they can given that we've seen this before. Roman's promos the last few weeks have been good and Cowboy Brock is fun.

On the flip side... Charlotte/Ronda build has been terrible. The match will be ok but I still think they went the wrong way about it in the match ups and they should have done Ronda/Becky. Becky and Bianca will put on a good match but see my previous point, Becks and Ronda makes more sense imo anyways. Omos and Lashley does nothing for me either though it is big meaty men slapping meat so there's that 😅

Women's Tag Titles are irrelevant props so I don't care about that match. I think every single member of the match (bar maybe Naomi?) has already been a Tag champ at least once. McIntyre and Corbin is two guys fighting over a sword, get in the bin. New Day VS Sheamus/Ridge is meh too. I've no interest in the Mysterios VS Miz & Paul Logan but what I will say is they are an absolutely perfect match up for celeb/wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What big move will Logan Paul do? I think he'll do top rope to outside.

If Becky's smart she'll wear her Saudi gear so she has very little exposed skin to be whipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

So Austin never showed up any raw before Maina? What a let down of a story

Social media ie twitter is king nowadays to devleop storylines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And to be fair to KO, he has done well building it all up

Seth really trolling on Twitter with his photos of his potential WM opponent, I keep expecting a Mox one 😄

Reckon KO will do one hell of a sell for the stunner

@Loughc Ive seen every mania either taped live or watched live since WM X and like you I’ve zero desire to watch it. The fact it’s on an Saturday is keeping my streak alive. It hasn’t even felt like mania week. I’m more excited for nxt stand and deliver on Saturday evening our then mania.

it might be a sign of something but I don’t want to admit what it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

Is Ronnie happy letting KO and SCSA headline, close out night 1

Ronnie ? As in Ronda rousey ? Honestly who cares whether she’s happy or not, it’s SCSA and none of the WWE roster can hold a candle to him and he’s a major part of why people gave a **** about WWE.

I agree he is a true mega legend but I assume Ronnie ( Ronda ) returned to be a headline main eventer

I do enjoy Rebecca calling her Ronnie, now that should be the match 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Like most others I have not seen most of build up to this year WrestleMania.

I wonder will make it till 5am and probably the same following night. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'll be honest I'm still buzzing. Even if there's some realy duds on the card there's enough there to get me interested.

I have Monday booked off, Dominos on speed dial and a weekend full of wrestling across loads of promotions😂

Post edited by ThePott on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's not a bad card, to be honest.

Roman/Brock. Been done to death but this time it is actually entertaining with both of them doing their best characters. Should be a good explosive spectacle. 10-15 minutes is fine. No need for 30-40 minute bollocks.

Edge vs AJ should be very good. Edge has delivered since his return and AJ is AJ.

Becky vs Bianca. This feud has been soap opera trash and I love it. I'd love it more if it was hair vs hair but it should still be decent.

The Raw tag match should be good even if the belts mean fúck all.

Rollins/Cody should be good or at least the hubbub surrounding it will elevate it.

Women's tag match has the hottest best tag team in the world, Rhea and Liv, performing. What? What?!

Charlotte/Ronda. Could be a good match but the storyline has been so shíte I don't even care.

Smackdown tag titles. Who cares.

As for the celeb involvement; I really like Johnny Knoxville and Sami is always entertaining. McAfee is the man. Logan Paul and Dominik Mysterio, fúck off.

Austin/KO isn't meant for people watching on TV, to be honest. It's for people in the stadium, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

What can this be watched on?

Is the network still going?

I haven't watched WWE in about 2 years so not up to date.

Hon the Deise

Hopefully will watch a good portion of night 1 live

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Honestly the worst part of Mania is these two hour pre-shows where they show the same video packages over and over again lol. Between the pre-show and Stand and Deliver and the HOF I've seen the Austin one about 5 times now!

But the young fella is staying up for it tonight so we're here from now.

Was about to say the same, the 2 hour pre-show is horrendous. Even if it was an hour it would be a bit much. Thought it was starting at midnight which makes it an even bigger pain.

Also had a flashback to last year when the pre-show had to go on even longer because there was weather in the area and they had to stall for time.

JBL just mentioned the Briscoes.

So are WWE telling us they couldn’t put a battle royale during this two hours tonight ? Stupid.

• Advertisement

I saw the clip on twitter. He was definitely talking about Gerald and Jack Brisco.

Advertisement