Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On hold for 2 hours with Bord Gais - where can I report them?

Options
  • 23-02-2022 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi,

I am calling Bord Gais for an issue with my account. Their automated system says it will take 2,000 minutes for them to answer the call. I assumed this was a glitch and carried on - my mistake.

This is the second day I have spent a significant amount of time trying to get through.

What agency can I report them to for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Reach out to CCCP. This kinda of crap needs to be stamped out.

The Central Bank are 'supposedely' going to clamp down on banks doing this currently. All providers (Electricity/Heating/Banking/Phone) make is so, so awkward to get through to them and it's farcicial in almost all instances.

Then not having email addresses etc available leaving you at the behest of a queue on the phone. The excuses of 'due to Covid, we are limited in numbers of staff' etc is such a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The best way to "complain" is to switch to another supplier which you should be doing every 12 months. it literally takes 3 minutes online

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have had reason to chat to them in recent days, and had to get a call back as I think the wait time was listed as 90min or something.

Even their emails are taking a lot time to be responded to. They are either very badly staffed, or a lot out with Covid etc.

They were never like this in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

called today, 20 minute wait. But then he got me sorted very efficiently, so it worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

People don't want to work in call centres and then people complain when they can't get through to call centres. What can a company do if they can't get staff for their call centre and people still want to call them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

they can invest in their staff, provide training, good working conditions, opportunities to advance and a living wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Ring after 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Advertisement