Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new iphones apps free for3 months - worth it?

Options
  • 23-02-2022 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have apple tv app on new iphone free for 3 months and apple arcade.

Phone was given to me from work but its not locked down or anything. Not sure if anyone thinks the apps are worth the free trials though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

They’re fine but u need to make a note of the end time date or you’ll end up paying

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭rightmove

Have you used the apps and found them any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I’ve Apple TV free until March

not subscribing after free period

other apps no

signed up and enjoying the output so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Apple TV content is getting better all the time. Worth the price. Especially as part of a bundle.

• Advertisement

I signed up and watched wecrashed, shrienk next door, slow horses, and the odd movie. Tried another few things on it, most were shite. Ted lasso - tried it , looked shite. Watched the adventure thing with ewan mc gregor until it went woke. They were showing the extention of the panama canal and talking to the chief engineer about it, it was very good until we started to hear she was a strong woman and blah blah blah....so turned it off. If I want this **** I will watch rte and pay a licence fee for the privelege of being talked down too.

Honest I think I will cancel it early as nothing else to watch on it for me.

Ok, so it’s not for you, however the shows you named are extremely well produced, very high quality and award nominated or winning in most cases.

totally ok, that you’re not the target market, but they’re doing something right because their market share is growing (currently 5.3%).

who is the target market?

woke 20 somethings?

in response to your 1st question, People who appreciate quality writing, production, acting and directing.

As to your 2nd question, that’s definitely not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Id guess their 5.3% is a lot due to people who sign up for the free trial and forget to cancel...

Its ok I suppose for a short join, but i didnt see anything that would make me stick around - maybe if it included arcade and some iphone backup storage as a bundle it would be good value(my trial was for the Apple TV service only).

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

OZMO I guess you are one of the People who dont appreciate quality writing, production, acting and directing.

That is if youare to believe OU

🙄

Like I said. Not for everyone. Personally dislike Netflix movies. Find them always lacking something.

OU what else would you recommend on apple

slow horse was a romp , a caper without any preachy BS so I liked it

we crashed excellent -

the shrink drama with paul rudd - excellent

coda - ok she is deaf blah blah

what you recommend?

Morning show

for all mankind

physical

severence