Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black widow exhaust

• 23-02-2022 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Looking at changing from original exhaust and compared to other brands Black Widow seem reasonably priced. Has anyone experience of them? Was hoping to find some one in Ireland North or south who stocks them and save on taxes importing from UK. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Fitted one on a Honda Deauville, it changed the bike's character. Very throaty sound. But, it was affordable (OEM needed a mortgage!).

Go on their site, perhaps VAT isn't charged on exports, but AnPost definitely apply a charge on stuff coming in here. Son sent me something from UK this week. AnPost valuation was €17. 50, they added €4.00 plus €3.50 'administration fee' . When it arrives I'll do the sums on it. (amounts are approx). I'll bet he had paid UK Vat on it.

I don't know how to link to a post on another thread, but search my posts in the motorbikes forum to see my experience (pre-Brexit). Customer Service was exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭eoin.d

There site says no vat on exported stuff so I would be costing me 500 euro including delivery roughly and whatever charges I get hit with here.

Its still one third of the price of other we'll known exhaust systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

parcel arrived. Value on package was £10.99. Value assigned by customs was about €17.50, hence about 4.50 VAT plus 3.50 admin. Presumably son had to pay UK postage. Hurt him a bit to do a nice gesture (he paid on foot of a email from An Post). However, the same product from Irish retailer is 59.98.

Hopefully this info will help you in your calculations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

I have twin black widow exhausts on my zzr1100

Love the sound of them every one comments on how nice it sounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭id.4 fan

All B/W exhausts ship from the UK Vat free unfortunately.

I fitted twin B/W exhausts to a Honda CBF1000 before and the bike sounded like a proper racing bike when she got going. Beautiful humm off her and when you really wanted to be noticed you could take the baffles out.

B/W exhausts are decent quality at realistic prices compared to the so called higher premium brands!

I totally recommend them.

I also have a full low level system on my 2023 Honda Cbr650R.

Bike now sounds awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Unfortunately??

You will definitely have to pay Irish VAT so paying UK VAT as well is the last thing you want.

Amazon UK are set up to charge you the Irish VAT and any duties, so you don't have to pay anything else after you order and won't pay UK VAT either. I doubt any motorcycle parts supplier in the UK is set up for this though. Maybe Wemoto as they have an .ie site.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement