Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst TD ever elected

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bit harsh there, but no matter ,the iodines were in a box in the shed beside the ‘Vulcan’ rat traps and apart from a few droppings seem fine.

Best hang onto them I think….. tree should be ok.

Thanks for your concern.

Post edited by Brendan Bendar on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I'd have to check, but I think the plans for MUP pre-date the election of Frank Feighan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

We'd one up here called Cecelia Keaveney, I'd actually completely forgotten her such was her impact on politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Competition is stiff for that Golden Raspberry

A more interesting thread might ask who is the best TD ever elected ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Current SD joint leader Roisin Shortall was the one who did a lot of the early work on MUP back when she was part of the FG/Lab government 2011-2016.

A lot of a persons opinions about TDs or ministers is guided by their role in things that person disagrees with or does not like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The hardest working thing about Dara is the top button of his shirts that he’s fit to burst. The epitome of a “fat cat”.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note

Be careful of making libelous statements about named individuals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I don't know much about Rauiri Quinn's time as Minister for Finance in the 90's. However the biggest error that I recall while he was the Minister for Education was cutting the SNA's for the DEIS schools in one of the budgets for the FG/Labour government.

He did admitted to the media that he reversed the cuts in full by saying that it was a mistake. That along with increasing the registration fees for 3rd level students made his time in the Education brief look quite embarrassing.

Alan Kelly is another one on the list. Some of the most cringeist statements was when he was Environment minister. His statements to the media back then about being drunk on power and public transport being in use for plebs really made me lose my respect for him as a competent politician. His role on dealing with reforming the bin charges was an utter disgrace too.

Eamon Ryan is just the gift that keep on giving, dozen or so advisers must be getting paid for doing nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Eamon Ryan gets my vote. Talking absolute scutter that only affects me a negative way. TDs don't live in the real world at all, but this fella is a **** spaceman. Every time he opens his mouth he costs me real life cash while he talks shite about EVs, cycling and public transport, none of which are available to me in the real world... It's easy to say for someone living in Dublin on 150k+ a year, cycle here, cycle there, buy an EV, take a bus, while he increases taxes on everything making it almost impossible for any of the above.

An utter out of touch W@NKER of the highest order who believes only taxes will save the environment. Wake the **** up you spoof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He did admitted to the media that he reversed the cuts in full by saying that it was a mistake. That along with increasing the registration fees for 3rd level students made his time in the Education brief look quite embarrassing.

The country was broke (thanks to FF)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That guy is utterly without shame or embarrassment. Big fat smug head on him. He literally doesn't give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I agree with everything you have said, but I would add I don't think he is all there. As in potentially has some kind of cognitive disability. He is a complete cabbage on top of being an arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Floppybits

As much as Eamonn Ryan annoys me I do give him points for having the courage of convictions and looking to see those convictions being implemented through policy. Yes everytime he opens his mouth you can feel the money coming out of your pocket but compared to a lot of other politicians who flip and flop depending on the way the wind is blowing and who will say whatever they think the public wants to hear just to keep their snout in the trough and will just keep doing the same thing over and over, I have to give Ryan some points for that.

Roderic o Gorman has to be on the podium

complete gimp

Think least said the better, even mentioning its name is recognition it doesn't deserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Gino Kenny.

A buffoon of the highest order with no actual understanding of issues he campaigns about. The bills he has tried to introduce have been torn to shreds by people who actually understand the issues. A professional protestor and nay-sayer who offers nothing of value to Irish politics. Can't even dress himself properly when attending the Dáil. An embarrassment.

in fairness to him , his bill re_medicinal marijuanna was welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We need to change the law on cannabis and euthanasia. It's just that Gino isn't the man to get these things done or even propose coherent private member's bills that can be a starting point for the government to legislate.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

thats the kind of bill that would have Liveline - Joe Duffy in calls for six months , the idea of " killing off Granny " would be hyped to the max and FF politicians etc would go running scared

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

Stephen Donnelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Diarmuid O Cadhla, I'd be loath to call him a politican though somehow he was co-opted onto Cork City Council some years ago, now gone thankfully. A cretin and utter waster up there with Gemma and Waters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You must have got a ‘blown can’ of Bonio,dog?

On a good roll!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

He's an idiot, I've posted this before - I was in school with him and he was the guy who sat in the back of the class eating his own snot whilst the rest of us got on with it. He's dim as fcuk. Other than actually dealing cannabis the only way he'd ever earn €100k a year is being TD.

Advertisement