Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you complain about your GP to someone?

• 25-02-2022 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

I have a spinal issue. I had an MRI and saw a consultant in Mater Private last Sept/Oct who confirmed diagnosis. My health insurance won't cover me for Mater Private so I have been asking my GP since October - over 4 months ago to refer me to a consultant I am covered for. I have had to do most of this by phone as they still aren't seeing patients "because of Covid".

I've been ringing, emailing, ringing again, I'm actually considering staging a sit-in (or a stand-in as I haven't been able to sit down since August with my spine problem) next Monday on my day off to get this referral done.

I assume there's no way of getting to see the consultant without a GP referral and the GPs keep telling me I need one BUT JUST WON'T TYPE THE DAMN THING!

I'm beyond frustrated, feeling forgotten about and in a lot of ongoing pain.

I have other issues with them too but it's next to or nigh impossible to move GPs as none are taking on new patients.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

Advertisement