Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight for Ireland?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

There's something in what you're saying. The libertarians, neo liberals (call them wgat you like) had a great run, eroding unions and creating a bigger wealth gap. The war would be fought by the young and relatively poor to protect the old and relatively wealthy. So I'd completely expect a u-turn in policy after the war to advantage the young and let the old people show their gratitude.

The post ww2 period in the UK, for example involved creating the NHS and loads of housing. That would be absolutely impossible to do now because it would involve interrupting the old, wealthy people from the cushy number they've voted for over the last 40 years since the 80s.

If they think the young people should go and fight to safe their lives and then resume the old situation where the young fighters come back and work simply to rent houses from those old people to fund their retirement, then they have another thing coming. I'd fight if I have to, to protect the country, but i'd expect a serious rethink of policy if i make it back. Those old people can show their geatitude by voting for policies that rebuild the country better, and more equally than it was before.

I'd expect to have to fight and strike and so on, after the war, but that's the normal process. The old people would expect us to come home and work for half the wages but still rent their houses for the same price and it will likely lead to unrest. But that's the process we would need to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭beachhead

Putty could walk in here anytime and narra ting to stop him.Think how the mid Atlantic accent would suddenly change.Don't think anyone under 70 would notice.Biddy would suddenly discover he wasn't Irish after all.Boris might want target practice again.Facebook and Google might join in and properly bed in.

Jesus. 40 rounds would only last seconds in a guerilla type war of ambush and counter ambush

I would stay and fight.

But having interviewed victims of war crimes for a few years and others fleeing conflicts, the first thing I would do is get my family out. No way would I allow them to stay.

Advertisement