Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian warship, go f**k yourself!

Options

Comments

I was with ya until sorrow for the russians. If you seek out enough interviews you'll find they complain about their conditions and equipment, not the war or putrid. Many of them have an expansionist imperialist mindset. Apart from a brain drain at the start of the war, they weren't leaving russia until mobilisation. The lack of anti war protests abroad by russians should speak volumes to inform your thinking. Europe has been foolish to accept so many russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,672 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Most of the recruits are from the Asian part of Russia, most are conscripted. Most are improvised and have very little understanding of the reality

Ya the views from the European part of Russia, mostly Moscow and St Petersburg are all pro Russian expansion. Be ase there was a large cohort conscripted from these areas hopefully it will bring the reality of the situation home to them.

I agree with most of what you stated. However I think it was Putin who ordered the the blowing of the Nordstream pipelines. This give no reason for the oligarchs to rise against him. They cannot start gas flowing again to finance any restructuring of the country.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's not about "sticking it to Putin", it's the simple fact that we can't be energy reliant on a dictator who is currently invading Europe. Appeasement has led to this situation, it's not going to get us out of it, only dig us in deeper. It's painful, but this is what has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

Re your post no 2294 the answer is ‘no’. A lot of posters are proposing the solution to ending the conflict is ‘talks’. There may be walkouts, , two steps forward and one step backward, etc.

I am wondering if the following would be a Putin strategy giving the following background /context :- Putin has just given /continues to give to Ukr and the world at large why Ukr should definitely become a member of NATO as soon as possible because of the destruction , mayhem he has caused/ is causing - with ABSOLUTLY no regard for human life of any creed , nationality or belief. He has lost Ukr FOREVER. He probably knows this and therefor wants to continue on killing its people, create as much suffering as possible, level / destroy as many structures and services as possible. He knows that time is running out in order to do these things

So talks start - it’s irrelevant who starts them for my argument but if Ru is seen to be in favour of them and maybe directly or indirectly responsible in initiating them, then all the better from a Ru perspective. In other words it is making an effort the bring an end to rather conflict. The problem /concern I have is that I can see Russia stringing the talks out so that it continue with its rampage of the Ukr. In other words there is an ulterior motive behind its agreement to get involved in talks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone else surprised how little the hackers Anonymous have brought to bear on Russia ??

i think they had a 10 minute take over of state tv and a few ddos attacks but nothing as serious say as the Russian hacker’s perpetrated on the HSE here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭enricoh

Will European leaders start putting pressure on Ukraine to do a deal with Moscow? Inflation running at 10.7% in the eurozone for October and that's before people put their heating on.

Rumours of diesel shortages n power outages possible for winter. A lot more refugees expected. Come January or February there could be serious protests in Europe, probably not here unless it's water meters!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

And remember this is all from Russian media. All anyone has to do is retweet it.

Beyond help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hopefully Russia wipe out those terrorist Ukrainians. USA and collaborators should be sanctioned for sending over arms.

No country is allowed nuclear weapons but all of a sudden they all have them and USA sending NATO allies modern nuclear weapons. Iran and North Korea knew this(well even the dogs on the street knew) but everyone believes uncle sam.

No country is allowed have weapons of mass destruction except us and our allies.

Then don't get me started on Israel, scumbags of the highest order who can do what they want and no country says anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Shouldn't Russia also be sanctioned for supplying Ukraine with so many arms too?? They're the largest supplier?

• Advertisement

This forum has given me zero doubts in my mind that if Russia were invading this country, slaughtering Irish people, obliterating our towns and cities - that individuals would rabbiting on about Israel and the US, blaming them for everything and gleefully parroting Putin's propaganda.

People seem to forget it was done to us by the English many times and nobody gave a f**k. We still have territory occupied by the brits and people seem to forget that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Oh no, everything is fine in Europe. Inflation is only a nuisance, sure drive a bit slower and wear a jumper. The economy also isn't under any pressure at all and consumer spending is not weakening. All these interest rate hikes won't do any damage either... It's a while since we had any fresh sanctions, surely we can apply some more...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

So you're saying what the Russians are doing is ok?

They are taking the territory that has Russian speaking citizens that have been getting slaughtered by Nazi's for years. At least Russia went in to help them. The people of this country stand idlily by while our country is divided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Suckler

The sooner we let Russia cut a swathe through the Ukraine the better off we'll be.......

Your input in to this is incredibly simplistic, short sighted and devoid of any real knowledge of whats happening there.

Mosco. I joined boards back in 2008 and have close to 13000 comments but would have more as mods deleted many over the years but anyway I joined back in 2008 so I could post here 14 years later in anticipation for this moment.

Everything in the economy depends on cheap energy from fossil fuels

The problem is that Europe and the US depend on dictatorships and kleptocracies like Saudi Arabia and Russia for cheap fuel.

The invasion was illegal and destructive. It has led to so much suffering for Ukraine.

If you suggest talks you are labelled a Putin parrot. Sure the guy is off his nut. If talks started hostilities might cease long enough for him to be dealt with internally.

I think you'll find it's the Russians have copied the Nazi playbook from WW2.

From claimed aggression and atrocities to it's people. Germany did same.

To the kidnapping of children in occupied territories to be raised as Russian. Germany did same.

To destroying any sense of a country's history and murdering it's people. Germany and USSR did same.

More Ukrainians died in any country in WW2 even then before there was an enforced starvation of Ukrainians by the Russian authorities called the Holodomor.

Russia murder and bully out people and move it's own into that territory. Kind of gives a sense of why Eastern European countries dislike them so much.

• Advertisement

Man, don't get me started on the Vikings, who can forget what they did to us. Now look at them, supporting Ukraine, what hypocrites, am I right.

The general idea seems to be that if we don't stop big bad Russia now , it only encourages them to keep coming west.

But yet they either can't or haven't bothered their arse to really throw everything at Ukraine and take it all.

Doesn't really add up.

Too much hysteria about.

We should be able to look after our own business and leave Ukraine manage theirs.

Otherwise if we are to get involved we should be able to come up with a foolproof guide that can be applied to all conflicts to decide whether or not sanctions are justified.

The only problem with that is it would mean sanctioning the "good guys" also.

Obviously that isn't going to happen which is why the whole response to this is a whole load of sh1t

Nothing is fine in Europe, and it's not just Europe, it's a global issue, for example inflation in the US is over 8%.

What are you solutions to the current crisis? Would you favour handing land from another country to a dictator who is presently invading Europe? Reward him for that invasion by removing sanctions perhaps?

Curious to know.

If Ukraine didn’t get the support it has got it would have been overrun though.

Ukraine needed support to defend itself but talks should have brought things to a conclusion sooner.

The US is the big player in this war. The Russians are clueless. Sending in troops to surrender or be mowed down. They are losing the war and the longer it goes on the more desperate they become.

I suspect there will be a change of leadership in Russia sooner than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

Will give up a bit of your land (Assuming you are farming) to a neighbour who takes out a ditch and decided the fancy a nice bit of your reseeded ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Have you thought about going home to sign up yourself.

I might but I'm like rambo I'd slaughter everyone in sight and I'd like to give them a fair chance. Bullets and bombs would bounce off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Suckler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Perhaps they are unable to "take it all" ?Perhaps the last 30 years of poor governance has left Russia impoverished despite its vast natural resources.

Perhaps Russia should look after their own affairs and let Ukraine sort out their own ?

Its rather naive to imagine a "foolproof guide" to international conflict but at the moment the UN (useless waste of money it is and all) seems to be the best option.They have taken a position on it.

Who are the good guys you feel should also be sanctioned ?

The Russian destabilisation of Ukraine and its invasion are a carbon copy of Sudetenland and Anschluss .Russia makes no secret of its need for Lebensraum and its practice over the past couple of hundred years of exiling peoples and moving in ethnic Russians is no different than what Hitler wanted to do.Only difference is that WW2 ended Germanys expansionist policy .

• Advertisement

Remove all sanctions and get gas flowing. Repair Nord stream.

Put in place long term measures to remove reliance on anyone.

Keep some investment going in defense.

Look after ourselves first before worrying about places of no strategic importance to us.

Advertisement