Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to pretend that you've forgotten your password?

• 27-02-2022 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Why does this seem to keep happening to me? It could be an account you haven't used in three years. You think you're clever when you are able to go back to the place where you noted it, but after you put in it, it doesn't work.

Last time it happened was with an app I was dependent on. The app worked fine for a few days. Then after that it still worked, except for the only feature within it that I needed. Whenever I tried to use that feature it forced me to sign into my google/youtube account and it claimed that my password was incorrect. I tried the forgetting password option and google gave me this:

You'll notice it says that I'd to wait 48 hours before I could actually re-set it! That's not exactly fast! Thankfully there wasn't another hurdle after that wait? I needed it for an app that used google maps.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd think it was google's way of figuring out my phone number.

Advertisement