Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Mega Everdrive

• 27-02-2022 9:58am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,

Quick question, when sites say that "CD Bios is supported" ,or that it supports Mega CD roms format what does that mean ?

Does it mean that I can put a .iso on the SD card and with the Sega CD bios I can play Mega CD games without a a MegaCD ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I believe that means if you have a EUR MegaCD, with the Mega Everdrive you can load up a JAP or US SegaCD BIOS in its place.

You'd need the 'Mega EverDrive PRO' to be able to load up CD based games direct from the SD card.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Perfect. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's it alright! Can change the region of the Mega CD basically. It's actually a pretty cool feature of the Everdrive, I only actually discovered it by fluke one evening myself while messing about with different roms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Much easier than a switch or switchless mod for sure

Advertisement