Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB - Job offer accepted & holiday

• 27-02-2022 2:27pm

I have been on JSB for around a month but just signed a contract for a job however the start date is in April. I'm looking to go on a 4 week holiday outside of Ireland to take up the month in between as it works out cheaper. Am I still entitled to the JSB, if so how do I notify Welfare?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

There is a mechanism to retain a jobseekers payment whilst you are waiting for your first pay cheque but not for the scenario you layout. I'm not sure if this applies to those on a Jobseeker's payment for a long period of time.

Technically , you've secured a Job with a start date and it's on or near that date you need to speak to the department about signing off and retaining a payment whilst your waiting to be paid if applicable. I'm unsure if you can close a payment/claim on mywelfare or if you have to contact your local intero centre.

However, separately and slightly more complicated, you are also obligated to inform the department when you are taking holidays and just to be clear , 2 weeks is all that is permitted.

You'll have to decide how you approach this but as your leaving the country I'd be strongly advising you to disclose this and notify the department.

I can't find a link to retaining your jobseekers payment on finding a new job , perhaps others might be able to locate it.

Congrats on new job 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Thanks - I am only wondering for payment between now and my start date with the new company. I'll be OK waiting from start date to first pay check.

I've been emailing my local Intreo office and ringing to try work out how to notify them I am leaving the country but find the communications very poor.

Advertisement