Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source of wealth checks in Ireland

Options
  • 27-02-2022 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello to all.

Does anyone know if bookmakers operating in the Republic of Ireland are doing source of wealth checks like those being carried out in the UK? I'm not talking about the Know Your Customer checks when you sign up I mean the the checks that are now a mandatory requirement in the UK that I understand are triggered when certain thresholds are met such as net deposits exceeding a given amount over a designated time frame. People are being asked to supply intrusive documents such as months of bank statements to prove their income can sustain their level of gambling. As we are in a different jurisdiction I'm unsure if the bookies operate these policies here. Has anyone had these checks or heard any news on if they are going to be introduced here in the future as we often follow the UK's lead on these things it seems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive never been asked and i bet 10k+ a month. UK rules dont apply here (yet - might come as our government likes to rewrite our legalisation off UK)! When it comes its game over for anyone winning!

Unfortunately all regs coming in are solely focused on trying to limit amount people can gamble but puts no onus on bookies to let winning gamblers keep winning!

Advertisement