Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSO charge lack of transparency

Options
  • 27-02-2022 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I switched energy suppliers from Bord Gais to Airtricity in December 2020 and have just switched again now to Electric Ireland. Why can't they indicate on their bills for which particular months the PSO charges apply to? I went back over my bills since changing from Bord Gais and I seem to have been charged one PSO charge too many. Something thats probably not worth the hassle of pursuing but I did anyway!

I paid 13 PSO charges with Bord gais in 2020. I queried this with bord gais and they stated 2 charges paid in 2020 were for 2019 but I have bills going back to 2014 where 12 PSO charges have been paid in each year. I dont have bills all the way back to when I started with Bord Gais though so they can just say a charge paid in one year applied to the previous year whether it actually did or not.

It would be much clearer if instead of just stating eg "PSO 2months" on the bills they stated eg "PSO January, February". This does not become an issue of course until you change supplier.

Advertisement