Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vine weevil Larvae found in a pot

Options
  • 27-02-2022 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

So this evening i was removing a Castor Oil plant from a medium sized pot when I noticed what to me look like Vine Weevil larvae

I have attached a couple of photos

Question - should I be cautious and dump all the compost/ soil too? My intention is to replace the Castor Oil plant with a mixture of spring and summer flowering bulbs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes. Very carefully dump all the compost and the plant into a bag and put it in your rubbish bin. Scrub out the pot before using it again, maybe use Jeyes fluid on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or else just microwave it!

or spread it out on a tarp or similar on your lawn and let the birds pick through it.

Advertisement