Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier Nightmare Search

Options
  • 27-02-2022 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm currently researching suppliers/Manufacturers however, it's impossible to know who is real and who is dodgy?

Is there a list of reputable/Approved suppliers or manufacturers available to view?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Depends on what line of business you’re looking at I suppose, and whether they’re in Ireland or overseas.

If overseas, going through a broker may help or getting recommendations from other companies but you can’t beat going to visit businesses personally. That applies to everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭scottygee

This depends on the products you're looking for I guess.

Totes agree with Gloomtastic, either go for a broker or visit the warehouse/store personally. It's better to see the actual product with your own eyes and see what possible negotiation you can take out of it.

Just a note that each country has its own regulations, for example in the EU when doing cross-border transactions they implemented the eIDAS - here's a summary of what it is. I think China has a more loose regulation than any other country in Asia (but please don't quote me on that LOL)

So if you can visit go for it! If not do ample and deep research first.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Petrol Head_Pilot

My apologies for the late reply and thanks for the information.

I'm looking for Mens clothing and Grooming products. Im also interested in a makeup manufacturer?

'm not necessarily looking for high end product perse, just decent quality. I presume suppliers and brokers can be good or bad and knowing who to trust is the big issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

There are numerous trade shows in the UK and Europe (usually Germany)

You also have trade publications.

Unless you are going to do large volumes, you will be best to look for distributors. A good starting point would be fashion city in Ballymount in Dublin.

Advertisement