Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Kitchen Spotlight

Options
  • 28-02-2022 1:33pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had a LED bulb go in one of the kitchen spotlights - no problem I thought, I have spares. When I went to replace the bulb I couldn't figure out any way to remove it. The fitting doesn't look like anything I've seen before - it's basically a kind of think disc that's attached to the housing with no way I can see to remove the bulb.

Anyone any ideas? Google has failed me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Not familiar anyway , have u a pic of the spare

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Looks like it could be an integrated fitting, not one that uses bulbs, but it's hard to tell.

What kind of replacement bulb do you have that you think fits it?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Sorry, wasn't clear - I have no spares - I have no idea if the bulb can even be replaced. Could it be that it's not replaceable and an entire new light fitting is required? Seems like an incredibly stupid design if that's the case.

It looks possibly like the inner separates from the shell, hard to tell .Not great for replacement if it doesn't

You might have to see settle for a similar white downlight

If you're anyways competent you'd take it down and examine it easily

Post edited by kirk. on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Could also be a problem with the connection to the light, rather than the light itself.

• Advertisement

Could be alright , unusual looking fitting

Usually better to have separate parts rather than integrated imo .Not just repair but contributes greatly to waste.

Power supplies separate to TV. Turntable separate to CD etc .

Advertisement