Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring 2022 - General Discussion

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Only 49.4mm of rain recorded in my area in the month of May. Ground is very dry and a nearby stream which usually dries up late June/early July has been dry for the last week. All the rain and showers that have been predicted for the last two weeks have not come to pass here(South Tipp).

A lot of farmers around here very frustrated with the forecasts and trying to get silage made

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We have reached the final day of Spring. A huge contrast from this day last year where we flipped from a cold May to summer and enjoyed a lovely June and most of July. Today is absolutely horrible here in Meath. A windy wet day with ocassional showers, dark skies and it's properly cold outside so I've turned on the cental heating. Temperature currently 10C but feels more like 5C.

I really enjoyed March and April, felt very mild throughout and plenty of sunshine and dry weather. May has been a completely different story, it started off ok but has gone down the tubes over the past 2 to 3 weeks with the past 7 to 10 days been noticeably chilly, although last weekend was nice enough. Today feels close to the coldest day we have had the entire season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Not very scientific ... but mixed bag for May.

Cloudy, thundery skies and beautiful sunny days.

Mostly cold.

No strong winds.

Not much rain, despite the dark skies.

(North Wicklow)

Need to get a weather station 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

it so disappointing that the 31st of May comes and it’s cold. How much warmer was today than the 31st January I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

January was a lovely month in Dublin, I remember jogging nearly every day in really nice calm weather with no wind. I'm coming home weekend after next for feckin' outdoor festival with camping, really hope it isn't a washout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Although models aren't great for the next 10 days, who knows maybe the end of June and july will be warm to hot like last year, fingers and toes crossed 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sweet Jesus it's like the middle of winter.

Cold, dark and lashing rain here in NCD.

People were wondering why some of us were saying May was like October and November, well I just randomly looked up 12th &13th Nov and max for those days were 13/14 degrees and min was 9/10 degrees.

It's currently 11 degrees here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pure and unadulterated muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thank feck I've three weeks planned in Mallorca this July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cold wet and pure muck. Depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

At least putting on the heating is nice and cheap.

Oh wait ****. It ain't. :-(

Looking at the weather forecast after the 9 o'clock news and doesn't look like much rain for the southern half of the country up until Monday and looks quite pleasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm seriously getting worried now about the chance of good summer weather.

I had a look back there at my photo memories and every single year by the time it gets to June Bank Holiday we have gone to the beach 'properly' at least once if not 2 or 3 times.

What I mean by that is that it has reached warm enough temperatures for beautiful day at beach.

Not a chance of that this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Think yesterday may have been colder for many then New Years day 😒

Met Eireann forecasting showery rain spreading across the country tomorrow,with showers some thundery on Friday but yet their app is showing no rain for my area🤷‍♂️

Any summer thread?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement