Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flogas upped their pricing - can I move while in contract as a result?

• 01-03-2022 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I think this is the right place to post.

As the title suggests, Flogas have been upping prices over the last while, the latest from them states they are increasing again by an additional 19% which seems absolutely crazy to me. I initially signed up with them to get a rate of 0.16 per unit, it is now at 0.235 and the standing charge is 0.47 according to the latest bill.

Because they have changed the price from what I originally signed up to, does this allow me move from them while still in contract without penalty? Ive about 4 months left with them.

My latest bill had a jump of nearly 120 euro - up to 244. And I wasn't even home for half of December.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

May have just answered my own question as I found its on a variable rate so looks like im stuck until this contract ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

I think that the fee to exit the contract is only €50 though, so it might make sense for you to move providers even if you have to pay the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Thanks I'll look into that. Had a quick browse of Switcher and Bonkers earlier and Flogas have become very expensive.

Bit weary of them all now though, as they are all variable rate they could have a 0.16 unit price to entice you in, and then in the next bill just decide to bang on a 19% increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I am also with Flogas. My contract is up in a couple of weeks. I will be saying goodbye. I agree that when you are on a variable rate they can offer you a low rate and then target this rate for a price increase almost immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

It wont be just flogas but all will be going with huge price increase . Price of a therm of gas has gone from less than 50 cents this time last year to well over €1.50 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I think a few suppliers went up by somewhere around 27% on the 1st of May from what I was hearing. Both gas and electricity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

UK price has gone to average of 27p per unit (32c) and it will be going up substantially in October again.

Same all across Europe.

Until gas prices drop (they are 4 times the level of last April/May) electricity prices will stay high everywhere as a huge amount of electricity is generated by gas.

Advertisement