Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation for British Airways refund to Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 01-03-2022 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I'm having some issues getting a flight ticket refund from British Airways since last year.

I'll try to summarize as much as possible. But if you need any more details please send me a PM.

I got a flight ticket using a Bank of Ireland Visa debit card on 2019 for a flight that was cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic situation. My Bank of Ireland account was closed in the meantime, so according to them, the refund was done, the money never returned to them and it's been retained by Bank of Ireland/Visa in that case. 

I called Bank of Ireland some time ago and the person said that in cases where a refund is sent to an account that's already been closed, the money is supposed to bounce back to British Airways.

Please, can I confirm if that's what really happened in my case?

Thanks,

Andre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for the conflicting information you received about this. When a bank transfer is sent using IBAN to a closed account it will reject back to the sending bank. This would not happen with a card refund and the funds would go into a the account holding branch holding account. To retrieve the funds please ask the merchant for the ARN (Acquirer Reference Number) of the refund and bring this in to any of our branches. Please ensure to bring photo id with you.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement