Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen lighting

Options
  • 01-03-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

We have a kitchen with just one light fixture on the ceiling in the center.

It has four GU10 bulbs that can be pointed.

I'd like to make the lighting better but I'm not sure how, there's all different temperature GU10 bulbs.

Should the lighting be warm or cool and where else should I have lights?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Accented-lighting is good in kitchens - such as undercunter LED light-strips. You can also do some task-lighting, but maybe you already have this in the directional GU10 lights.

BTW, you know that all GU10 bulbs have a beam angle and the wider the beam the better the spread? Most GU10's are 36 degrees, so if you installed 90 or 110 degree bulbs you may improve the overall lighting in the area.

You can also read up on the CRI of a bulb - that is the spread of wavelengths which are contained within the light. A good CRI can make a bland dinner look appetising. ;)

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

They wouldn't be great to cover a large area

Cooler light probably in the kitchen

If you want something functional probably switch to an LED Batten , that would make a big difference

Advertisement