Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Repair - 8 Weeks and Counting

Options
  • 02-03-2022 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I handed my phone into Vodafone in early January to be repaired and was told it would take 2 weeks. I went back 2 weeks later and it wasn't back. Same at 3, then 4, then 5 weeks. Eventually I pushed them to follow up and they said it was out of warranty. (It had gone out of warranty during that 5 weeks!). I provided receipts to prove it had been in warranty in January. Went in at week 6 and was told it had been accepted and would be repaired free of charge. Week 7 was told to call back the following week. Week 8, and it isn't back and now I'm being told they are looking into it and I may be issued with a new phone or credit note, that they would follow up and call me back. When I asked why it would be a credit note, they just said that's what was on the system and they would escalate the issue.

If all my family and friends weren't Vodafone I would be leaving immediately. The ongoing delay and unhelpfulness of the shop is getting to a ridiculous point. They never phone me, never answer their phones, and only for my insistence on calling into the shop weekly I would hear nothing back, ever.

Why would I be issued with a credit note or new phone? I'm assuming they lost my phone or something similar.

Advertisement