Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Personal Loan overpayment from N26

• 02-03-2022 3:55pm

Hola folks,

Has anyone successfully made an overpayment from N26 to an Avant personal loan? I followed the instructions in their FAQ but it was returned to me. Have contacted them but they confirmed what I did was correct, and they haven't a rashers why it was returned.

• All you need to do is set up Avant Money as a PAYEE, using our BIC CITIIE2X, IBAN: IE90CITI99005117683012. Please use your loan account number starting with “30000…” as the payment reference; please do not input your name or any other details as this will result in your payment being returned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is the issue that you're paying more than expected or that Avant will not accept the source? Try making a regular payment and see what happens.

If the loan is at a fixed rate, they may not accept an overpayment.

They do accept overpayments according to their site, customer service were unable to explain why it was returned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I wonder did N26 truncate the reference data? I find that the likes of EBS don't allow as many characters as Bank of Ireland. If you defined your Avant loan account as a payee on your N26 account, go back in to your account profile and check that all of the data that you want sent with the payment is all there.

Failing that, try sending the standard amount and see if they accept it.

N26 doesn't appear to be truncated. Standard amount is Direct Debit from EBS. I have set Avant up as a Bill through EBS - can't set it up as a payee for the reason you mention (picked Avant Credit Card, but the a/c number is exactly the same) and made a small overpayment. Let's see if it's bounces back.

Advertisement