Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDermott is to sue Twitter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

We are getting fooled again! The clerics have just swapped cassocks for skinny jeans it would seem.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I won’t be watching love island Australia next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Finest boards double standard again. 17 year old girl lies and causes irreparable damage to an individual who had not broken the law: gets painted as a victim. Compare this to the CA thread where everyone argues to have them all locked up for life. Ridiculous

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Bore off. Only thing clarified was that she was 17 and not 16.

A lot of allegations made have not been addressed. You know all of this already because it was already explained to you months ago.

Keep fighting for the right of people in their mid-late 20s to have sex with children like a good citizen.

• Advertisement

I am not the one one fighting here. I am amused how quick people are to defend a liar, that’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭Gusser09

What the girl done was horrific. Wrong. Terrible.

However as ive said before McDermott had hitched his wagon to the me too wokey pokey movement. He was the voice for virtue signalling. It then comes out that he was 27 picking a school child up who was at the age of consent which is 17. His race is run. You'd have to wonder what australia love island are thinking.

What age was the girl when he started communicating with her? That question number one i suppose. I think a school child is a lot more vunerable than a college going kid. It was pretty ruthless what he did. And he didnt dent the details of the account given. Only the age.

Also its telling that none of his former colleagues or media cronies have broken their silence. That speaks for itself.

Of course none of his former colleagues will be getting involved. Why would they? They can hardly comment on his personal life, and if they do they’d just be branded with the same “creepy rapey” brush that is so fashionable now.

No rape took place. Creepy yes but not illegal.

Ah I know. It’s just one of the most ridiculous terms some users like to throw around. It eventually comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

To use that pseudo legal term so beloved by wokeys, trying to pick up school girls is sexual misconduct

Post edited by Dyr on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Not a fan of this man, but on the face of it he had sexual relations with someone over the age of consent. No laws broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭dontmindme

a school child

lols...she was a 17 year-old young woman old enough to have sex get pregnant and have babies...will you go on out of that with your scutter

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, you lot. She was 17. He was 27… she wasn’t a baby, for chrissake. She was 17. This isn’t some 27 year old pursuing a 10 year old.

17: able to legally drive. Almost of age to vote. At the age of consent.

some a you are a disgrace trying to label a 27 year old fancying a 17 year old as a creep/weird, or whatever else..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder how Eoghan and his sister would have reacted if it was a sports person or somebody else in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

"Those who scream the loudest often have the most to hide", is often the case when it comes to feminist men. They are quick to condemn men as a whole, because they are judging the male collective solely based on themselves.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Did he break laws? Is he a criminal? Did she lie about him in a pubic way?

All yes/no answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This a joke?

I'd go as far as saying a 20-21yr old chasing a 17yr old is creepy. Yes, only 3-4 years difference but very formative years in that period of life. Barely out of a school uniform, nah.

Did she break laws? Is she a criminal? Did he deny that he orally raped her?

All while he was a 27 year old man and she was a 17 year old girl, and not 16 as she mistakenly said.

All yes/no answers.

Will yeh go way ouha that. 20/21 year old fancying/dating a 17 year old is now creepy? WTF.....

There must a sh1t load creeps out there so, and many now in their 30s/40s/50s/60s/70s/80s that married, had kids, grandkids with their younger partners (during their time).

• Advertisement

“she was a 17 year old girl, and not 16 as she mistakenly said.”

Nice twisting there as usual

Not twisting. Just stating facts. She said she mistakenly thought she was 16 and was happy to correct the record. Its in the statement from her solicitors that HE accepted to the point that he released it pubically.

He was 27, she was 17. That’s creepy as f*ck. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭feelings

I don't like the man myself, but she should be jailed. An example needs to be made of this type of behaviour. "oh i'm sorry" is not good enough. She has admitted she lied. Jail time please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 40,008 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Lying on social media isn't a custodial offence AFAIK.

Hopefully going forward baseless anonymous claims on the internet are giving the credence they deserve, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

He had an opportunity to bring her to court himself, but he's not going to.

You know why people decide not to do that? Because they absolutely have something to hide. If it goes to court, then it's on public record. And anything that comes out on the public record stays there.

Why wouldn't he bring her to court himself if there was absolutely nothing, zero, zilch that he did wrong? Very curious indeed.

She made many allegations... the only one corrected is that she was 17 and not 16. He was still a 27 year old man. Creepy f*ck.

Mr woke goes after a post primary school going kid. Mr woke is cancelled by the mob that he led for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Seems like the whole thing has been win-win for a lot of angry, right wing, lads.

They got to lay into the “male feminist”, and his sister, when the story originally broke and now they get to go after the young girl.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,008 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

the only one corrected is that she was 17 and not 16.

That isn't true.

She was asked and responded to why doesn't she go to the police and report the crimes, she claimed she couldn't because he had family members in the force, she also claimed he fled the country so there would be no point.

Pure fiction and this whole thing sounds more like a malicious concerted effort by a group of individuals to bring him down anonymously. He did have a target on his back,

Zero Creedence can be given to anything that published online.

This isn't a hill to die on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement