Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to convert a URL to an MP4 file?

Options
  • 02-03-2022 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

I have a link to a website that I want to show to 2 elderly relatives, on my tablet. But neither of them have internet access in their homes. So, I need to covert the URL content to an MP4 file & put it on my tablet.

When I google how to do it, there seems to be lots of websites out there which claim to do it. But many of these sites are notorious for malware.

Does anybody know a safe way of doing it?

Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

It all depends what is at the other side of the URL.

There are youtube downloaders available as browser plugins, for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What browser are you using? With Firefox you can usually save down the media file even if the site doesn't offer it as an option, depends how the site is configured.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Could you set up WiFi sharing on your phone & connect the laptop to it

Can you be post the url? Youtube dl may do it. As someone said it depends how the site is set up.

Could you screen record it?  That should output an mp4 . something like camtasia or a free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

https://en.savefrom.net/1-youtube-video-downloader-70/ if its on youtube , save to sdcard or usb drive . if you have an android tablet go to play store , search video downloader app , save as 720p mp4 file .install app , some apps have built in video search or just copy and paste the url into the app .

http://micsur.org/best-video-downloader-apps-for-android/ i find tubemate on the Android, google play store very good easy to use ,it,ll give option save 1080p or 720p resolution file save options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement