Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How big of an impact has advertising had on you ?

• 02-03-2022 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

It's literally fukked with my head and it's all bullsh1t

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Advertising, composed entirely of the solid dietary excretions of male bovids, succeeded in performing penetrate sex with your cranium?

Maybe this will help:

(Always read the label)

Get your boom boom checked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The old adage was that half the money spent on advertising is wasted.

That was back in the days of print where the ads were there for you to look at or ignore.

TV ads are now too loud. The marketeers liars claim that the peak loudness is the same as programs, but ads use more of the spectrum so you get a wall of sound. At this stage I can't even use TV as background , I have to skip past the ads by watching recordings or more rarely just mute during the ad break.

On the web it's worse. Popups and videos and what not. It's not just that they distract, steal bandwidth and slow down your internet, eat electricity and stress your processor, it's that they also can contain malware and the site their are on has no control over what is fed into that box.

You should consider any popup ad or something running in a box to be a genuine security risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's actually at the point that any ad that comes on during something I'm watching, if my brain somehow decides to remember information from that ad, I'd nearly go out of my way not to purchase that product/service. I hate ads. Hate them. YouTube is unwatchable without an ad blocker. Even the sponsored videos have ads now, and multiple ads throughout, sometimes 2 ads in a row, and if you don't click skip ads it could go on for 3 minutes!

Don't watch live tv because of them. I understand they serve a purpose, but it's no longer fair to call them simply advertising, it's constant colourful loud shouting as often as possible. It's horrible. I have a particular distaste for the recorded in one country dubbed for many type ads. Actually, I don't even know what the internet looks like as standard these days, the ad blocker is the best invention since the internet.

And I know people would say blocking ads is removing revenue from sites, but tbh, if those sites weren't there I wouldn't use them. I'm only using stuff because it's there. No skin off my nose if it's gone. Market has too many of everything anyway, could do with shedding a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I bought a dildo last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I saw an ad for ED, so I immediately went online and got a prescription.

I saw an ad online for a brand new car for €17500 while looking for a decent second hand car, and guess what? That car is sitting in my driveway. 🤔

Advertising works...🤣

It has no impact on me. I just go about my business, buying my penis enlarger and enjoying it with mixed-race kids who I have an ambiguous relationship with.

Advertisement