Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭RINO87

Nah what I meant was the only ones holding on to searches was EP, most others are free flow at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd say whoever gave the no free flow reply is getting belted out of it at festival HQ. They'd almost gone to lengths not to address it (no mention at all on the site). Rightly so, as myself and 4000 mates were just about to get tickets to this before we saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭crl84

The rule last year was no free flow, but they allowed open containers only into the arena. Discussion of it is on p10 in this thread.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120675940/#Comment_120675940

It wasn't enforced strictly there though, I walked in with a few cans in my bag several times. Never tried with more than about 4 closed ones though in case I did get stopped.

E: p13 - the planning application last year had that alcohol was allowed into the arena. Might be worth someone seeing if the same is true if this year's planning application and asking them on socials

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

just wrote to btp on instagram and asked about drink policy and they said exactly “you’re welcome to bring your own drinks onto the campsite but not into arena.” honestly that’s a let down having been to b&s for so many years.

• Advertisement

Is anyone going to try pay for their festival by picking up all the cans and bringing them back for the deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rachob

That's new about no free flow? I was there last year and there were no checks after initial wristbands! Bad form...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

It will be very loosely enforced, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Ya, I'd imagine what they are saying in "official" responses and reality will be two completely different things….no stress

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

It wasn't free flow last year - security were just pretty light touch is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Van Doozy

It's almost… as if…. it makes sense to ask for insider information eh?! Though I did make such enquiries and was promptly referred to official channels.

Anyone using the app yet? The event is on it but the times aren't yet.

yeah cause no one on here will know what directions security will be told to do in a weeks time and even then it will depend on attitude of specific security peoples. Some might wave you through and some will be strict.
    it’s same kinda question as asking will X venue let in under age teenagers to a 18 year plus venue. No one can tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Peesh89

I'm deffo on the no stress approach here but think it's a lil bit shady to not have it mentioned anywhere on the website. I can see from the same discussion on this thread last year they actually had mentioned it somewhat in the FAQs and it's not there this year.. blah blah blah just having a moan 🙃 moving on.. can't wait, 11 sleeps!

I'm more concerned about the weather playing ball at this stage than the security staff tbh 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Peesh89

The current rain forecasted for next week is just the clouds ringing themselves out so they've nothing left to give for the weekend. Don't you just love when festival threads turn to the weather talk.. it means we're close.

@bodhrandude are you working it with the lack of B&S?

The first year was miserable with the ground and the wind. It rained last year but the ground held up and it was actually nice for most of it. I'll take last year again if I had to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yep down the Tuesday before and I do two twelve hour shifts on Wed and Thurs and will be free for weekend, woo hoo.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭whelzer

A few of the "usual" preview pics would be appreciated!

I don't do Boards on phone though so might need to add one or two folk from here on WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Van Doozy

Initial indications are for good weather, though of course that might change in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Has anyone ever volunteered at BTP and if so what were the shifts like over the weeekend?

It will probably be three 8 hour shifts through the weekend with volunteers arriving on Thursday. Just pmed you link for volunteer application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JCash1890

Can anyone tell me what this has been like for security and searches on entry in previous years? After years going to body and soul I was taken aback by how strict it was at ATN last year with sniffer dogs on the entrance most of the weekend and undercovers pulling people to the side after wristbands

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mairetigs

Also flying solo for the festival, coming in from Dublin. This will be my first weekend festival & can’t wait. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rachob

I may have been a little oblivious to the finer details last year... I certainly was moseying about with drinks on me and never thought about it. I go to ATN every year so I think I just assumed it was the same!! At least with BTP, the whole site is so small, it's not much trouble to pop back to your tent for a drink if you want, takes about 4 mins! Not like your EP 25 min trek...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ruanmcg

ATN last year was a joke, I've never seen anything like it having been to B&S, EP, BTP a good few times over the last 10 years. The last two years of BTP was very lax security wise, far more so than my experience with B&S. However, I recall a friend of mine telling me that once the capacity of an event reaches a certain threshold in it's permit application it then is on the Gardaí's radar. If the BTP capacity has increased to 10k as has been suggested then it might be a different story. Impossible to know though, previous year of ATN was loose, then last year I knew about 4 people who got details taken by undercovers, randomly searched going around the main arena. Really bad craic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Kinda related, but in 2022 I think there was a Big Romance/ Whiplash bar. I can't see any mention last year or for this year though? I'd be less fussed about bringing in my own if there was decent beer on offer!

whiplash did the bar for 1st year: no longer involved since

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Wonder if we’ll get stage times this week or next. Been keeping an eye on the app but nada yet

• Advertisement

weather models are all over the place, one minute it's high pressure dominating, lovely weather, the next it's a low pressure dominated slobbery mess.

Advertisement