Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing the Jobseeker's Benefit (Self-Employed) weekly rate

• 02-03-2022 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Unlike Jobseeker's Benefit, JBSE is based upon previous average weekly earnings from the second-last complete tax year.

This means a claim made in 2021 is based upon 2019 average weekly earnings.

If earnings were higher in the 2020 tax year, is it possible to appeal/request the reduced weekly payment with a view to the payment being increased?

If the 2020 increased earnings included some PUP, would this mean an appeal would be disallowed?

Thanks in advance for any experience or knowledge

Has anyone tried t

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As far as I know it's the same for JSB with the average weekly earnings determining the rate of payment. It definitely is with Illness Benefit anyways. They always use two years back (so 2019 for 2021) in calculating the rate of payment and to the best of my knowledge there isn't any way around this unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I tend to agree with @Necro , the rate is specifically determined on the year applicable and there's no mechanism I can think of as to why the Department would look at anything else , I'm not at all sure PUP would be classified as earnings but does earn a contribution 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement