Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protect large potted plant soil from excited dog

Options
  • 03-03-2022 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

We have 2 large 14" pots in our sunroom. The dog gets excited when he sees someone through the glass and everyday soil is knocked out of one of the plants!

I have seen some 12" coconut fiber tree cover ring tree protection pads on Amazon but nothing larger.

Does anyone have a solution for what I could cover the soil with to stop this happenening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can get that matting by the roll but you would have to buy a lot to get the small amount you need.

You might consider large pebbles - small ones would get knocked off same as the soil, assuming the pots are not actually being knocked over. You would get a bag of cobbles /large pebbles from a garden centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭boardtc

@locksee worked perfect for me I reckon, plants look good too, I think it should be ok, but we'll see with the postman next week!!

Advertisement