Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ipcress File - ITV

• 03-03-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,978 ✭✭✭✭

Starts on Sunday at 9:00pm on ITV.

Joe Cole, as iconic spy Harry Palmer also starring Lucy Boynton and Tom Hollander.

During the Cold War, ex-smuggler Harry Palmer is enrolled as a reluctant but talented spy. Sent to Berlin, Harry embarks on a dangerous mission and his survival will depend on his own wits and the interventions of Maddox, a CIA man who may not be what he seems.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just makes me want to watch the original again but who knows maybe an actor doing a Michael Caine impersonation will work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yes on the first part. Makes me want to watch Callan again.

No on the second because the actor is trying to avoid that. I do hate remakes with current attitudes and only the clothes are old in period pieces where the atmosphere and tensions are critical. In the original he had notions above his station but had to accept his position.

Depends on whether they follow the book, the film, or re-interpret it.

Six 50 minute episodes to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭MfMan

If he's sent to Berlin with Colonel Stok involved, it's not following the original book, as neither featured in it. Funeral In Berlin, yes. It might be a mish-mash of both or a progressive series of adventures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

will give it a go but not entirely sold on it nor Joe Cole. He was awful, along with his accent in Gangs of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭4Ad

I really enjoyed the first episode, I thought it would get all complicated, luckily it didn't.

The stylish Lucy Boynton made it an even better watch !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Watched this last week, it's all on ITV hub. Thought it was ok, never seen the film or read the book so nothing to compare it to.

The story would make you finish it anyway as it's only 6 episodes but doubt I'd rewatch. Found Cole the least convincing in it which is probably why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It seems to be also coming on VM1 or new channel VM More

I liked it but joe cole is a terrible actor

Advertisement