Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare Rental Properties (Housing Crisis symptom)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The law needs to be changed it should not take 12 months to evict a tenant , the tax on landlords with 1 or 2 tenants is ridiculous, driving small landlords out of the market.the long term solution is we need to be building 30k houses per year to meet demand, its doubtful private companys can do this , we need to go back to local authoritys building 1000s of social units every year.Private companys are simply there to make a profit not for any social good or to help workers on lower incomes. Making bedsits illegal years ago made the situation even worse, many single people on lower incomes were very happy to live in bedsits and pay lower rents for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I cant believe that people actually have this train of thought-I see no logic in it, how can you justify it?

I went to get a tiler, he has gone up from e200 per day to e350 per day. How can he justify this in a housing crisis? The property would have had to have been left vacant and someone would have no roof over their head if I hadnt done it myself. His prices have gone up a lot more than the price of rent.

Has anyone tried getting a roofer these days? a guy to to PVC fascia and soffit? It's practically impossible-but then there are people that want the rental price to match that of 5 years ago, while landlords get milked-property taxes, RTB, among other charges that were not around in the previous decade.

Jesus wept......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

100% correct. Maybe the poster would be better chasing the supermarkets or even the recent example of bord gais and their 40% addition on to your heating bill.

And for good measure they increased the already ripoff statnding charge, just so they can still profit even if you cut back on your gas usage.

Advertisement