Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmony NIPT CUMH

Options
  • 04-03-2022 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I've opted to get the Harmony test on Monday in CUMH. I'll be nearing 13 weeks.

I'm curious to know how long did it take to get results and how are they given?

I've seen a lot of American forums talking about a portal, I'm presuming that's not the way here.

Would love to hear people's experiences, all I can find is an old informational leaflet dated 2014.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I did the test with a private clinic in the beacon. They ship your bloods to the US and ten days later I got a call confirming results and the letter arrived two days later in the post.

You can also choose to find out the gender, my friends kept the letter closed which included the gender results and kept it as a surprise for a later date.

I don't know about other clinic's in Ireland but I doubt there's a portal??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just wondering did you get it done @cb123 ? Did you get the results yet? Hopefully all ok! I had it done in January 2019 and think the results took around two weeks. I got the results in the post. I think if results were high risk they phone you. But not sure if it’s the same now.

Just wondering how long it takes now as I’ll be getting on done in a few weeks. Were you able to book the appointment once you had your 12 week scan? It was about €300 before (was charged in sterling) but looks like it’s €400 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

No results yet. Blood drawn on the 7th and they did warn me to give it at least the two weekends due to the bank holiday. So fingers crossed for tomorrow. Seems to be the same procedure, they'll ring if inconclusive or high risk otherwise it comes in the post.

The NIPT clinic is on a Monday in CUMH, my 12 week scan was on the Thursday before. I rang and booked it the week before my scan, they just said the scan needed to be completed beforehand and we're happy as they could see my dating scan appointment in the system.

I paid the lab directly. A few days after the draw, Eurofins in Dublin range for the payment. It was €380.

I'll update during the week when I (hopefully) get the results 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

I’m considering having this test done. I’m very overwhelmed so hoping this might help me relax and enjoy the second trimester more than the first. Anything I need to know? Is there big price differences? Or pretty standard?

• Advertisement
Advertisement