Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace old fastioned outdoor light with LED sensor

Options
  • 04-03-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi,

I purchased an LED sensor light to replace an existing outdoor light, The light has one cable with the earth, N and L. Is it just a matter of disconnecting existing one and connecting new one. I notice some neighbours have their led lights connected to a small box attached to the wall. The led light I purchased did not come with this small box. What would this box be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Yep. It's as simple as that. I have done it several times. Make sure you knock off all the power as you don't want to be fiddling around with live cables.

The "little box on the wall" might just be a junction box? Cable comes from interior into external junction box where another cable comes out of box and runs to light.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Josh2015

the new light has the cable coming from it, so I will need a junction box to connect this cable to the interiot cable?

the present interior cable must run directly into the existing light as there is no junction box?

I will need an electrician for this I think.

Advertisement