Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Surface Book 3: replacement battery?

Options
  • 05-03-2022 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I paid c. €2500 for this Microsoft Surface Book 3 15 months ago so it's out of warranty. The battery is gone/not charging so I thought I could buy a replacement battery in Dublin. However, it seems that this is not possible and that I must return it to Microsoft (in Germany) where they replace the laptop in its entirety, charging €603 for the privilege.

Surely there must be a way to get some laptop repair place in Dublin to just replace the battery, save me a substantial amount of money and eliminate needless waste/environmental destruction by flying the laptop to Germany and replacing the entire thing rather than the not working part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Have a look at iFixit see whats involved. Try some of the laptop repair shops. Especially the ones that fix Apple stuff.

Advertisement