Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forestry Replanting Advice

Options
  • 05-03-2022 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, hope this is ok for this forum, I have about 25 hectares of forestry land recently harvested, have run into a couple of issues with the contractor I'm planning to use for replanting and looking for a steer re reputable companies who provide replanting service and if there are any watch outs to be aware of in terms of hidden costs etc..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Try Greenbelt. Sorry no idea on the potential pitfalls.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

I'd keep an eye on this overall price per acre for planting and maintenance some companies price the reforestation jobs.

The single or overall price can sometimes push companies to cut corners to get the job done. Especially for the maintenance side of the contract.

Watch out for the size of plants specified aswell, always go for big plants, 50+ cm stock. Amazing the difference good quality plants make, an easy way to save money for a forestry company on a quote is to plant small trees but you the owner loose out in the long run.

Have you considered taking the brash off the site? Should save some money on the reforestation costs if it can be done, which part of the country are you based in?

Advertisement