Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden & Geotextile

Options
  • 05-03-2022 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Garden is in a jock after the builders were in doing the groundwork’s for a patio that I’ll be starting to lay in the next few weeks. Who knows how long it’ll take me. 

Anyway - I really don’t want the grass to grow. The so many rocks and stones, and mounds ….and one mountain. I have loads of the geotextile fabric left over from the groundwork’s. 

Would that keep the grass down for a few weeks/months….ish? 

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

Appreciate any insights. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Since geotextile is designed to suppress weed (and other) growth, it should keep the grass from growing, most likely kill it completely. If the ground is very rough though there may be gaps and holes and there could be a bit of growth, also wind could get under it and move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭karlitob

Thank you so much. I put it down this weekend. Fingers crossed it’ll do what I need it to do. Might be back on here later in the year about how to get the garden level and grow grass! Thank you.

Advertisement