Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 06750931

Hi all

My solicitor received the completion letter for the house today but engineer report and council report outstanding.

I'm 35 to 42 so presume others would of received also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kymbrady

did you get a completion date on it ?

No completion date...the completion letter is to say the house is completed dated the 15th the day they sent it.

Your not too bad, I've been waiting for 3 years😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lch2023

I am also 35-42 and was holding out hope to get in this week if they got the road done. We got the completion letter but our solicitor has told us there’s zero chance of getting in this week even if the road was done as the sale can’t be processed that quickly. Not sure if other peoples solicitors have said the same…

Also waiting almost 3 years but at least we are almost there 🙈

Hi…

There is no chance of this week.

They are going to leave the keys with their solicitors or the auctioneers if they are going to release the houses next week.

He said they will have the engineer and council reports available on Friday.

Thats the update I got yesterday anyway.

• Advertisement

that’s really helpful thanks for the update. I was dreading everything being put on pause for 2 weeks but that’d be great if it can keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DoctorRV

Hi, Do you know if the roads are done completely and are they still barricaded? Was planning go have a look around this weekend.

For those who were called to do their second snag, were there still some issues on the second snag report or did they actually complete everything and were you happy enough?
    we had 98, so hoping nothing is still outstanding on second report to delay things further..

hi @kymbrady

We had about 100 too and in fairness to them they did seem to address the majority where they could - even very minor superficial things. They had our list printed out and ticked off so you could see they had gone through it.

There was 1 thing they hadn’t fixed (patchy painting outside the back) and I honestly think they just forgot. We would have liked them to address that, however we were told that they’d have to finish the first snag on all houses first before coming back to any second snags. Based on where they are with snags now that probably would have meant adding on months for us which just wasn’t worth it. Overall we were very happy with it.

Hi guys

So even though they said they would close next week, my solicitor just got confirmation that they would close next week and then within 30 minutes received another notification that they were advised not to close until the 6th August due to the builders holidays.

So I presume no-one is getting in....more of the same....very stressful and disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 KJ2023

got in to take some pictures today

wow some difference!

Thanks for sending these on! Is the entrance still closed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KJ2023

hi no problem at all , yes the entrance is still closed.

Photo dump from today. Yes the entrance is closed.

Brilliant, thank you!

Out of interest, how are you gaining access? I plan to pop up today if there is a way in!

By trespassing! I guess it is called. It’s a bit tricky there due to ground being wet and mushy. You have been warned 🤐👍

hahaha, great, thank you!!

Advertisement