Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DoctorRV

So you’re saying you did drawdown already and so you’ll perhaps start your mortgage payment soon before even getting the keys ? OML !! Or maybe not if you have deferred payments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lch2023

Yep we had been told to finalise the sale and our solicitor had received the completion letter so they made the request for funds 2 weeks ago.

Hoping we will hear something tomorrow, if not will contact the EA this week.

I think the paving is finished but don’t believe the street lights are fully fitted. I thought they said that needed to be done before getting sign off from the council. Hopefully it’s a quick job

• Registered Users Posts: 42 06750931

Hi all is signed off by the council before they went as far as I know as my solicitor got that document.

I'm ready to go too, let's hope it won't drag out now again until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GG_AZ

Hey if its comfortable for you guys, can you share the range your house belongs to? To get an estimation, mine is between 42-48. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭helper1989

hey anyone in 42-48 received a call for 2nd snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KJ2023

I’m row 28-34 too and I’m also waiting to hear about 2nd snag

Hi I'm 35 to 42 getting keys tomorrow.

brilliant. Good to hear that there is progress. Hoping to hear good news for our row too

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lch2023

Wow Congrats @06750931🎉 can I ask if it was the EA/foreman/solicitor who contacted you? I’m in the same row so going to follow up tomorrow!

Post edited by lch2023 on

I text Joe this morning to ask him what the story was he replied 'it's ready' so contacted my solicitor she contacted theirs and they said they would send completed documents this evening...so my solicitor is saying keys tomorrow funds have gone over.….you should be good to go contact them tomorrow morning...

• Advertisement

hello @06750931 did you get your keys then?? How does it feel?! 😃

HI guys yeah got the keys down in the estate now just collected them!!!!

that’s wonderful news! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

We are also collecting our keys tomorrow. We are row 38-42 🥳

👍👍👍👏👏👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Congrats guys, welcome to Portlaoise!

anyone from 43-48 who may have received a call for 2nd snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GG_AZ

I am in the same range but haven’t received any comms yet.

thanks for the response. Let’s hope things progress soon

• Advertisement

I'll keep an eye and keep yous updated. Once you sign off the snag and no issues it all happens quick. Yous won't be long waiting.

thank you

If I see Joe on Monday I'll ask him when he's calling your row and let you know.

so nice of you, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 dijodyno

Hi, waiting for first snagging for 15, did anyone get any news for row 13-21.

28 to 34 their still definelty snagging I seen them in there the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 borges

Joe mentioned to my husband that the snag might begin in October. Row 13-21

Anyone in the bungalows any word on snagging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 najra

Not yet. Last update I got from EA below.

"They are currently snagging and preparing to close the Dunluce terrace properties in Park lane.

They are getting ready to tar the roads and footpaths next week.

Joe has confirmed as follows for the Kilshannigs and I will let you know when he is ready to start snagging.

It is unlikely I will have any updates on this until after builders holidays which commence 19/7 x 2 weeks.

FROM JOE: Last quarter probably, September late"

It gets me worried we need to extend our mortgage offer again 😞

Hi helper 1989 there is someone after moving into 43....so I don't know why you haven't heard anything??

thanks for the info. I will follow up with the EA on Monday. I am not sure if others in that row have been contacted.

• Advertisement

You should hear next week for sure they look finished.

Went around today..28-34 seemed all cleaned up and ready..perhaps for second snag!

The tar road outside needs another layer.

27-25 - Had the concrete steps poured and set at the back.. immediately outside the kitchen doors over the previously poured concrete patio. Electrical works for kitchen appliances seemed to be underway in all the bungalows.

Most of the plastics wraps around windows were cleaned up as well.

24-22 - Did not have the concrete steps poured yet..although the mould for it was laid down perhaps ready for next week.

Anyone know the measurements for the fridge hob and microwave and dishwasher in the town houses

the hob is 60cm and the remaining appliances including the fridge are all standard sizes. If you go to any electronics stores, Harvey Norman, Telford etc, they will be able to give you a quote.

In my experience, Harvey Norman has reasonable prices

I got a hob 60cm wouldn't fit due to the depth.....nightmare…

hi!
    anyone in row 28-34 done with the second snag yet ?

@06750931 - that is unusual. What’s the way around for this then. I thought they are all standard sizes

You'll have to cut it out...or else it won't be flush with the countertop

Just fyi…Electro City is comparatively cheaper for same appliance models available at Telfords/Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement

that’s good to know, thank you so much!

for this who have moved in, when did you buy home insurance? Was that needed for drawdown? If so, how did you decide on the start date?

thank you

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭divide_by_zero

I was only on the phone yesterday to get the home insurance sorted. They advised me that when I know for certain that I'm getting the keys and moving in to ring them and give them the start date and then can start the policy then. Might not be the same for all insurers 🤷‍♂️

I got update from EA and Joe that they are currently doing snagging in number 29 so probably you will hear something soon.

Did your bank do final valuation before you were call for snagging as we cannot go with home insurance without final valuation?

Hi

Any updates? ☺️

Update from EA today:

“We are currently snagging no.30 & working backwards 

We should be calling yours in for snagging hopefully early to mid September”

I'm confused by these updates. Yesterday we got info they are doing 29, today they are apparently in 30 and doing snags backwards... So either I don't know what backwards means or they don't know what and where they are doing 🤣

I’d imagine they are going higher to lower but who tf knows what they are upto..judging by the different updates we are getting from EA. I’m not 28-34 I’m just a bit down the road.

• Advertisement

Yeah I suppose they’re living up to how they have been historically as seen throughout this thread.

Unfortunately this uncertainty means applying for mortgage extension AGAIN for me! Such a pain but it is what it is.

Advertisement