Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb

Options
  • 07-03-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

Anybody here with Digiweb? I've never had a problem with them and thought them very reasonable at €29.95 a month.

Just got a letter saying they were upping the price to €45. They offer a higher speed box altogether for €55/60 I think. I don't know if it's worth it getting that but speed has never been an issue for me.

What's the average cost of broadband nowadays? I've been paying the same price for the last 5 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I am with them about 3 years now, 1Gbs Siro via them, started at 25 and went to 55 after 4 months, now 60, id happily pay 70 for their service, best provider I have had in Ireland, have dealt with Virgin, Eir, Vodafone and Sky in the past, none of them could even answer the phone

Digiweb answer all calls, respond to any issues, and sort everything very quickly, in 3 years I have had a total of 25 minutes downtime, at 4am one Saturday morning, don't ask why I was awake, lockdown was weird

Normal price for Good Fibre broadband is between €55-€70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭apache

Cheers Gib. I'm very happy with them. I've never had a problem to complain about.

Just wondering what's so good about their higher speed broadband. The difference I think would be €15 after this price hike. I'll have to check with them. I use broadband for occasional netflix and playstation. Wouldn't be a heavy user. Wondering whether to go for the top speed or would it be a waste.

Turns out the top speed is a couple of euros cheaper than the basic package. Monthly repayments are €42.95 after installation. Not bad.

They are trying to do away with the slower speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Have also been with them and only moved to Pure Telecom to make some savings. Will see how things go over the year but most likely will change back after the year.

Is it worth getting a landline I wonder? As part of the package you get a number and 1500 mins a month free if you call beween 6-8pm. I'd get a handset if there was no extra charge. Seems a good deal.

• Advertisement

Big difference in electric broadband downloading ps games. It's gone from hours to 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I was with them a few years ago and their service was fine. Exactly the same as everyone elses service. I only switched to Vodafone 500meg broadband for €30. I think Eir do the same offer. Just switch between them both every year.

Usually if you phone them you can get it cheaper. I think last time i changed before Christmas their advertised price was €35 per month but on the phone it was €30. Digiweb was more so I went with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I am also with digiweb for many years and pay 45e a month for 100mbps but looking at their site they're advertising 1000mbps for 30e per month so I used their site and they are phoning me back later. (according to their site)

As others have said. easy to deal with and a very very reliable line.

Advertisement