Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isle of the Dead - Maggie & Negan Spin off

Options
  • 07-03-2022 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭

Premiering in 2023, the new series Isle of the Dead will follow the unlikely pair — what with him having murdered her husband and all — into what the network calls “a post-apocalyptic Manhattan long ago cut off from the mainland.

“The crumbling city,” AMC adds, “is filled with the dead and denizens who have made New York City their own world full of anarchy, danger, beauty and terror.”

Walking Dead vet Eli Jorné has been tapped to executive-produce the six-episode Season 1 along with Cohan and Morgan, with the whole show being overseen by Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of the Walking Dead Universe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Could they not have waited until after the final deadline season ended before announcing this?

Sure, some characters are highly unlikely to die but at least the sense of danger to them would be dare. Now we know no matter these too are going to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They hate each other

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Decent start but would you ever get over Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Kevrano

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah decent opening and always good to see Zeljko Ivanek in a show.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I thought the opener is decent. I thought Maggie and Negan came to an understanding about the Glen thing at the end of the Walking Dead.

Great to see Raffi from Star Trek getting eaten alive in the first episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sorry, following is spoilers, don’t know how to put up spoiler tags on phone.

Why was Maggie screaming at the start while killing the zombie? She’s killed hundreds and that’s just stupid!

Why didn’t they kill the marshals before going to Manhattan ? They had the drop on them!

Did Maggie not sort of half forgive Negan at end of TWD? FFs, she’s gone to get his help and is acting like he has to help and then says nothing he can do can make up for it. Why say that?

WTF did the Marshalls chase them to an island if 1.5 million walkers? How did the Marshalls think that glass window would stop the walkers from getting into the shop? How have those Marshall’s lived this long in the world of the walking dead only to die like that?

im usually good at ignoring this stuff, maybe it was just the night that’s in it.

Post edited by Drumpot on

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Kevrano

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 2 episodes so far have been pretty good.

Nice to have classic Negan's back rather than the "I'm so sorry Maggie" Negan we got in the last few seasons of the main show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I didn't actually finish the original series...but I watched episode one of this, it was decent I thought. Nice and grimey, but very dark on screen at times

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Negan was great in this. Neck beard AND a rat tail? Put that helmet back on and stop distracting us. 🤣

Marshal passed out in dey cleaners full of zombies, and no one went in for a little nibble?

Hebrew woman was funny blowing out the match. Kinda jumped to she stole our stuff though, didn't it?

I didn't spot it myself, but have you spotted Maggie's lie about why the Croat took Hershel ?

She said he took all her grain and wanted more. Grain silo was full back home, and fresh baked bread for ginny.

Hershel likes to draw comics and has some teenage angst. Wonder did he try to steal something from the Croat?

Had to laugh at the end of episode 5, did Wes Craven write the story

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I guess not many watching it here. So Maggie didn't have her grain stolen, and it was all a ploy to get Negan to NY. Not a massive departure from the real story to be honest.

The Croat isn't the main man after all, he's a henchman himself, and it looks like they had beef with another faction which is being renegotiated by Cruella DeVille.

Negan / Armstrong stuff was kind of weak.

Ginny would want to have some incredible back story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I searched for "Dead City" and found nothing so didn't think there was a thread.

Dissapointing "twist" don't see why Maggie needed to create a lie. She coulda just told Negan the truth and he woulda agreed to help get Hershel if she agreed to take in Ginny in return.

TWD: Dead City Get Early Season 2 Renewal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

The best thing about this show is the setting, and the John Carpenter style soundtrack and aesthetic that they shot for.

After that, yes, there are plot holes, but the main thing is there's just a complete reluctant to move on the Maggie and Negan storyline. Just be done with it, one way or the other, it's been done to death.

I think he's always been more central to the overall storyline than she is, so that points to a way forward. Kill her off. In the Walking Dead there used to be a willingness to do this, when there was more of an ensemble feeling to the cast, but of late it seems like they're reluctant to actually finish off long-standing characters. They lose the shock value as a result, I never expect anyone important to die anymore.

Last comment: I feel like New Babylon, and the Marshalls, feel too similar to the Pioneers from Season 6 of TWD. Couldn't come up with a new survivor society that was a bit more unique feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Walking Dead: Dead City‘ Season 1 premieres Thursday, 22nd August 2024 on Sky Max and streaming service NOW in the UK, with all episodes On Demand.

Advertisement