Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strategic presentation to senior management

Options
  • 08-03-2022 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I have to put a strategic presentation to senior management next week. The last time they got a presentation was before Covid. How do I show all the wins and achievement over the last two years without having a load of information and slides? I sell and manage a variety of products and services into a government body. This body will be going for tender in the near future so I need to show what we have achieved and where need to improve in a clear concise manner. Anyone have tools and techniques that might help with a visual presentation.

Just looking for a kick-start here. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Spell-checker, for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Never have more than a few words of text on a slide.

Think of them as your hint cards.

Let them see a picture that represents what you are talking about at that time.

Start the presentation strongly. Don't tell them what they know. (Eg your name/dept/project )

Best presentation/speech start I heard was "Fornication" "Fornication"

Puts on glasses, "sorry, For An Occasion..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Augme

Sounds like a great intro for a best man's speech. You'd want to have build a very good, and friendly, relationship with all the senior managers to use that for a strategic presentation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

😂 It was at an old school event. Plenty of clergy and teaching staff. Hence the "appropriateness" and reaction from the audience

Effectively what I say to people (I do a fair few engagements) is that the first 10 seconds and last 10 seconds of a speech or presentation are the parts you need to do really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭scottygee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agree with the less words thing. Depending on who I'm presenting to, and in this case it sounds like more of a showcase than anything particularly detailed, I like to use visuals. There are plenty of brilliant sites out there with PowerPoint templates that will bring any sort of data to life, but my favourite is;

https://www.presentationgo.com/

It's all free, the quality is excellent, and even if you can't find a design that fits what you'd like, it's great for providing inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Find a presentation or a person you think was good and memorable. Analyse what they do and try repeat it.

When I did this I realized it's was often only a handful of slides, minimalist text. High quality graphics. Usually some striking memorable element. A phrase, an image etc.

Then practise it on a timer, on camera with a test person. Practise obvious questions. Also be aware of body language to emphasize points and confidence.

Kinda hard to sell a million pound project with a clip art and 30 mins of cut and paste. Invest some time in it. Often clarity and simplicity takes a long time, and lots of preparation.

Advertisement