Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I banned from the Politics forum

Options
  • 08-03-2022 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭

I think it's bad form to ban a regular contributor for trivial reasons, and not even say why via a notification which i could challenge. Hence, asking here.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Unfortunately when they managed to get a forum ban function working, unlike pointed warnings, a ban does not automatically generate a PM. I also cannot see who banned you

There is a list of mods at the head of the Help Desk forum

I would suggest PM'ing one of the Politics mods. In the meantime I will have a look to see if there is any comment in our Reported Posts forum that may indicate who issued the ban

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can you remember when you last posted in the forum? Was it in the Brexit discussion thread a few weeks ago? If so I think it may have been ancapailldorcha who issued the ban

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yes I can remember. It was a flippant comment made on the the 14th of February, Saint Valentines Day.

Might I suggest that permanent bans are too severe. How about a timed one of varying time scale as sanction instead?

You need to take it up with the mod first via PM. If you cannot reach a solution there you can start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum

Thought about this. I need a notification from the mod who banned me which I would expect would have given a reason for the ban. I didn't get a notification. I understand there are problems with the new site which could explain that. I need a notification to work off before I can go further with this. I can't very well go to Dispute Resolution when I don't know what the dispute is.

• Advertisement

That's why you need to contact the mod I mentioned above. Unlike pointed sanctions you do not get a system generated PM with forum bans. Forum bans were added some time after the platform change. Unless the mod has separately PM'd you the only way to take it forward is for you to take the initiative and PM the mod

You suggest I contact a mod you mentioned. Surely there are many mod's modding the politics forum, so there is no way of knowing which mod banned me from the Politics forum. Surely there is more than one single mod modding the Politics forum? Which is why I'm asking for a notification from the the mod who banned me so I know which mod I need to contact, rather than your assumption it was one particular mod who banned me.

I've given you a very firm steer here. Either follow it, or just drop the point altogether as there is nothing else I can do to help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement