Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap electricity monitor

Options
  • 08-03-2022 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just installed a heat pump and have ordered an EV car charger. Wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap energy meter for some of the sub circuits. Id love to see the usage and cost of the heating and car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

I ordered a shelly a while back ,

Its been delivered by fastway so I've no idea if its any use as fastway still have it.

It can log 2 circuits at once .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

We use an Owl energy monitor and find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Thanks folks,, ill check out both

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭10-10-20

While the Shelly devices can be operated stand-alone, they really need to be paired with a home automation tool such as Home Assistant or likewise.

I'm a big fan of Shelly - but for your application you'll probably get better functionality out of an Owl.

Home Assistant with the Shelly plugin:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I’ve sems, don’t get it, constantly wrong data, data weeks behind, they’re blaming server issues but going on months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sems?

Are you talking about the Shelly Cloud? I haven't played with it!

Advertisement