Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could I fix this Vaio

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

If that's the usage you're going to give it. I would recommend trying Linux, at least that Zorin OS (sorry I'm pushing that, but I think that's the most Windows user friendly distro among Mint OS)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

aaaahhh...Vista...not even Windows 10!

why why why......

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Let's call it "Preservation of ancient hardware". There are no other words than that.

I can understand when you people are talking about restoring an old car, but this is not the same... it's just not for the faint of heart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Linux mint runs much faster than Windows 7

you can install chrome if you are doing basic browsing it's the best option. I think the 32 bit version would be better even if the cpu is64 bit.as you have only 4gig ram

Theres not much you can do with that laptop apart from browsing, you could buy a much faster laptop with working track pad for 150 euro on adverts.ie when you are browsing it does nt really matter what os you are using but a 32 bit version of mint will feel faster than Windows 7 or Windows 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Its not worth installing windows 10 on that laptop as it has only 4 gig ram,go to start Menu, dos prompt, msconfig,

it,ll show you all the startup services ,from the menu, you can click, on,off , click OFF services that you do not need .https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/speed-windows-startup-with-msconfig/

run avast free antivirus or ms defender

• Advertisement
Advertisement