Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a Kebab Sauce

• 09-03-2022 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I've just been looking fondly at the wrapper from a takeaway Doner kebab I had yesterday. It was well put together and I think cabbage is the top addiction. I just got a blender and between that and looking at the website of an Italian manufacturer of vegetable-based sauces. (I bought this years ago and never forgot it.) I wonder if I can do a sauce for the likes of a Doner Kebab with cabbage as the main.

Should I bother? Am I crazy? I'm going ahead with my little experiment anyway. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to approach this? I have carrot as another part ingredient. Is there anything else I should add? Some method I should follow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have a look at this thread, it has recipes for kebab sauces and salad. Cabbage, lettuce, red onion and carrot are the main ingredients in the salad and that is then dressed with the red sauce. Have made it a few times and it is identical to your typical take away kebabs so its a great starting point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

my son loves shawarma so we make a chicken shawarma very regularly. Before it shut down, Iskanders on dame street did a killer garlic sauce so i replicated this one. here is my recipe for garlic sauce, its really quick and simple:

100g creme fraiche

100g mayonaise

3 cloves of garlic, put through a garlic press.

pinch of white pepper

0.25tsp salt

1 tbs fresh lemon juice.

2tbs chopped parsley or coriander(herb)

wisk it all together in a bowl, adding water until you get the consistancy you prefer. make sure u get a slight tang of lemon :)

chilli sauce i never bothered to make because i like to use pickled green fefferoni chilli instead. If i was going to try the chili sauce i would collect the cooking juices from the meat and add harissa, salt and pepper as a starting point.

Advertisement