Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine Homes

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

They do get help with the rent. How I know? A friend of my husband took couple of them in months ago. They get a lot of help. Full stop.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

You are right, they're not one uniform group of people. Some can pay their rent, some need help for it. I have always been firmly supporting Ukrainians and see the need to welcome them if they leave their country. No matter how you look at it though, the truth is, whether we are talking about people able to pay their rent or needing help, simply being Ukrainian (or claiming to be) can be something that puts you on the top of the list when landlords are choosing tenants. Whether that is right or wrong, I cannot really say but I can understand why it can feel bad for those looking for an apartment right now. People want to help and I understand that. I have helped Ukrainian friends as well. The problem is that the housing situation is simply terrible and there just aren't enough homes, even if you're willing to pay.

Advertisement