Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance while on disability allowance, do I pick unemployed when getting a quote?

Options
  • 10-03-2022 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm wondering how do I get car insurance when I am on the disability allowance, when looking online it seems that it's the same as being unemployed?

There is no option online to say I'm on the disability allowance, I'm also a part time student but there's only an option for full time student.

I hope to avoid being discriminated against and being charged a lot of money. I can't find any advice on this subject online.

Would I be better off saying I am unemployed or being honest and tell them I am on the disability allowance if I call them up for a quote ?

I should add I don't qualify for a disability badge, free parking or anything like that

Tagged:

Comments

What did you do? There are some conditions that may affect driving so i expect you would have to declare them. You do on licences

Advertisement