Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any humanitarian aid going to Ukraine by sea?

• 10-03-2022 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Last time I looked the Ukrainians still control Odessa and other parts of their western coast. Is there any humanitarian aid being moved to Ukraine by sea rather than overland through Poland and such?

Reason I ask is I was thinking of ways to help out. I've got deckhand experience and all my STCW tickets are still valid (as is my seafarer's medical cert). Thought that maybe if there were Red Cross ships or other such vessels going toward Ukraine, I might be able to use my qualifications to help out if they're looking for crew.

I'm not just asking about ships going from Ireland. If there's vessels going from other European countries, or even Turkey, I'd be willing to go over and sign on if they were taking crew.

Anyone here know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I don't believe there is or would be. Odessa is the only port city that's neither occupied nor under attack and that's probably going to happen in the next week. At the same time the Russian navy have attacked merchant ships from third party countries (e.g. Romania) already in the Black Sea. It's far too risky.

Advertisement